Although in presenting our in-person events the Library Foundation plans to follow all applicable health-related protocols, we cannot be responsible if someone contracts COVID-19 or a variant at one of our events. By attending our events, you acknowledge and agree that you attend at your own risk, and that you waive and release any claims against the Library Foundation, other than claims of gross negligence on our part, in the event that you contract an illness at the event. You further acknowledge that the Library Foundation reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any of our events, or convert one or more of them to a virtual event if health and safety restrictions require it.
You also have a role to play in safeguarding the health of our events’ attendees. By registering for and attending any of our in-person events, you affirm the following:
- You will comply with all applicable CDC, federal, state, and local laws, orders, directives and guidelines related to COVID-19 and attending a public in-person gathering.
- You have read and understand that as of March 12, 2022, the Los Angeles County Health Officer has lifted indoor mask requirements in many places, however, regardless of vaccination status, it is strongly recommended that people continue to wear masks in all indoor public places. The spread of COVID-19 continues to be a significant risk for many in Los Angeles County.
- You will not attend the event if you have tested positive for COVID-19, are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19. If at any time you begin to experience symptoms of COVID-19, or are in contact with someone experiencing symptoms, you will immediately leave the event and inform the Library Foundation.
- You understand that no guests under the age of 12 are permitted at our in-person events.
- If you bring a guest to one of our events, you will communicate the above requirements to each guest and secure each guest’s agreement to abide by the guidelines for their vaccination status.