ALOUD’s Fall Season Coming Soon
Big things are coming to ALOUD this fall – and you won’t want to miss out! Support the Library Foundation of Los Angeles as a Member and enjoy first access to new ALOUD programs throughout the year, Member-only discounts on ticketed events, book purchases, and more!
Highlights from the fall season include…
- Dramatizing the Black Experience – A discussion curated by J. Holtham featuring emerging Black playwrights Inda Craig-Galván and Dave Harris, who are taking on the conventions of Broadway, revolutionizing cultural norms, and celebrating diverse audiences and voices.
- Booker Prize winning author George Saunders will return to ALOUD for a reading and discussion of Liberation Day, his new collection of short stories which grapple with the complexities of our increasingly troubled world.
- Legendary multi-platform artist and best-selling author Patti Smith will return to ALOUD in honor of her newest release, A Book of Days. In her only L.A. appearance, Smith will share images and memories, leading us through her journey of documenting her life – revealing her devotion to art and a unique aesthetic that charts her passions, devotions, obsessions, and whims.
- President Obama’s chief speechwriter Cody Keenan will discuss his new book Grace: President Obama and Ten Days in the Battle for America and share behind-the-scenes moments from the White House with another former presidential speechwriter, podcaster, and co-host of “Pod Save America” Jon Favreau.
- Local debut novelists Ryan Lee Wong, Omolola Ijeoma Ogunyemi, and Fatimah Asghar will take the ALOUD stage to discuss all of the inspiration, excitement, and challenges that come along with putting out a debut novel.
- Something in Common – the Library Foundation of Los Angeles’ major exhibition at the Los Angeles Public Library will remain on view through November 6. This fall we will have several exhibition tours and related events that you won’t want to miss!